Holistic healing is the therapy of medical care that looks at physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of life very closely, interconnected and equally important with approach to the treatment. This type of treatment is meant as alternative medicine and as a part of a broad view of patient care. The holistic healing approach concentrates on treatments for imbalances and fits into a more balanced lifestyle. The following five sites are some of the more popular resources when it comes to holistic healthing.
- Earth Clinic This site is filled with various ideas and concepts for folk remedies and holistic cures. The objective is to share knowledge to bring health and hope through safe, inexpensive, natural cures for people around the globe. The site also has physical status with offices in Atlanta and correspondents from around the globe. It site was started in 1999 and from holistic healing also expanded to other areas like alternative medicine.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine [NCCAM] The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is the research organization controlled by the federal government for scientific research on the diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that come under the head as complementary or alternative medical practice. It does not take place of a health care provider; instead it encourages one to discuss all aspects of care and treatment with your health care provider involving any complementary or alternative medical practices.
- Holistic Medicine This site provides extensive information on holistic healing that can be consulted with a holistic healing practitioner on number of subjects ranging from holistic medicine, alternative medicine, holistic healing, nutrition, toxic consumer products, and many other subjects.
- Holistic Online This site is filled with information on various therapies on health, such as alternative medicine, complementary medicine, integrative medicine, mind-body medicine, herbs, nutrition, and vitamins. Alternative health care therapies have been covered here in detail, such as acupuncture, Ayurveda, aromatherapy, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, herbal medicine, and naturopahty.
- Natural Health Information Natural health information articles by Dr. Joseph Mercola are provided on this website to facilitate people with practical answers to their problems of health care. He is a New York Times best-selling author. He has also penned famous books on health and hygiene, such as The No-Grain Diet and Take Control of Your Health.